100% of the course, 100% of the racing, no pre-qualification and a few less rules
Available at all EWS events, the EWS100 is exactly what it says in the name. Race 100% of the EWS course on the EWS weekend, with slightly relaxed rules but all the challenges and all the racing.
There's no need for pre-qualification - entry is open to anyone who wants to take part in this ultimate test of rider and bike.
But if you want to be on the start line in 2020, first you will need to secure one of these coveted spots. Entries for EWS100 will be offered on a first come, first serve basis.
2020 entries will open in January. Get all the key dates here.
*With EWS courses pushing the limits of what's possible, if you want to test yourself on a race that takes in 80% of these monstrous courses, check out the EWS80 for the same action, less slightly more achievable course stats!
EWS100 RACE CATEGORIES
U21 MEN & WOMEN (17-20)
MEN & WOMEN
MASTER WOMEN 35+
MASTER MEN 40+
Veteran MEN 50+ (new for 2020)
Outline of the EWS100
- Race the full EWS course on the EWS weekend
- Race for an EWS100 podium
- No pre-qualification needed
- Racers have a specific time window to complete each stage and an overall time to complete the course - but no individual pre-assigned start times or fixed start intervals.
- Flexible start format allows racers to select / adjust their start position during the day. Pair up with your friends and teammates - even if they are in different categories. Avoid getting stuck behind the same rider for the entire day - overtake a rider and stay ahead of them for the rest of the race.
- Same categories and minium age (17) as the EWS plus the addition of a Men Vet 50+.
- Simplified rules. Outside assistance permitted.
- EWS Members are eligible to collect rankings points - so they can secure a spot on the Reserved List and a guaranteed entry into the EWS the follwoing season. Any EWS members registered for the EWS100 who accumulate sufficient 2020 EWS Global Rankings points in advance of the race will be transferred from the EWS100 to the EWS.
- The EWS100 replaces the Entry Lottery from previous years
- EWS/EWS100/EWS80 Entry and race Structure Overview