EWS Challenger events – which are 1 day races taking place on the EWS weekend – will be offered at the following rounds in 2018:
- R3 Olargues FRA (Saturday May 12)
- R4 Petzen SLO/Jamnica AUT (Sunday July 1)
- R6 Whistler CAN (Saturday August 11)
- R7 Ainsa ESP (Friday September 21)
- R8 Finale Ligure ITA (Saturday September 29)
The Challenger races will feature a selection of the stages being used in the main EWS race – and allow racers to enjoy EWS stages in a fun and relaxed format.
- Ride a selection of the best stages
- Ride with your friends, no fixed stage start times
- No rules against outside assistance and no bike marking, take your time, have some fun
- Select your own start time for the day, and as long as you complete the whole course within the designated time, you can go as fast (or slow) as you like up the hills
- Get a time to compare yourself against the pros who’ll race the same stages the following day
- Relax and put your feet up after your day in the saddle and watch the EWS race on the Sunday
Entries for all the EWS Challenger races will be available starting January 29 9h00 GMT. Open entry – available on a first come basis.